The Benefits Of Hydro Vacuum Excavation
The Benefits Of Hydrovac Vacuum Excavation
With the help of a hydrovac or vacuum excavator, which is a construction vehicle, you can remove debris from a hole on land. Vacuum excavation applies the use of high-pressure air or water. Hand digging is much more tedious and time-consuming. Thus, with the advent of such a procedure, it helps in saving time. Moreover, it is much safer for the excavation of underground assets.
This process is also safe for all the workers on site. The incidence of trench cave-ins and accidental line damage is completely eradicated with the use of this procedure. Thus, this a preferable alternative to hand digging for exposing underground assets with both Hydro and Air Vacuum excavation.
Hydrovac Is The Safer Option
Using high-pressure water along with the utilization of high-speed vacuum makes Hydro Vacuum excavation safe in uncovering underground utilities. It is not only fast but also more efficient than air excavation. Spoiled material is not reused for the refilling of the hole in hydro vacuuming. The soil is made loose before a hole is dug in with the use of water. Water reduces the integrity of the soil, making it fragile and easily breakable which makes suctioning of the soil very easily. Vac truck (Vacuum Excavation) is equipped with the necessary mechanisms to help to remove wet and muddy excavated material. Using hot water is an important prerequisite to thaw frozen lands before a hole can be dug in. With the help of a vacuum, all the debris is suctioned into the debris tank.
Other Uses Of Hydrovac:
Vacuum excavation can be used for various uses. This includes:
- Cleaning blocked gullies and blocked street gutters.
- Removal of debris in demolition projects.
- Clearing off of any environmental damage.
- Leaf removal.
- Pipeline removal or replacement.
- Replacement of contaminated soil around roots of trees.
- Special operations
- Railway track maintenance and repair
- Exploratory excavations
- Renovation, repair or installation of new cables, pipelines or disposal lines.
- Removal of gravel from roofs.
Advantages of Hydro Vacuum Excavation over Air Excavation
The advantages of hydrovac are as follows:
- This process is less infiltrative in nature compared to the old traditional methods of excavation.
- The process is very precise. Thus, requires less disposal of dirt and materials and lesser restoration.
- Requires less manpower. Thus, it reduces the time consumed and the amount of manual labour required.
- Dirt and debris are stored in a debris tank after suctioning it into it. Thus, it doesn’t create any problem to the surrounding traffic and less damage to power lines.
Labour hire extends to both skilled and unskilled labourers of any department. These include:
- Mechanical Fitters
- Maintenance fitters
- Electric fitters
- Form workers
- Boat builders
- Factory hands
- Process workers
- Shift supervisors
- All trades and labourers
- Truck drivers
- Traffic controllers
- Pipe Layers
- Production Workers
Conclusion- Hydrovac excavation has several uses and can be used for several purposes. Also, hydro vacuum excavation has several perks and benefits, allowing you to get a lot done!